Time to put it all together and see what happens. Try a few versions – what do you like the best and why?
- Use cardboard to create a rough 3D study model of early ideas. Models don't need to show detail, just the overall size and massing for your library.
- Use software such as SketchUp, AutoCAD, or Revit to illustrate your ideas.
- Make a list of all the unique spaces and features you plan to have in your housing solution.
- Based on the site analysis diagram you've sketched, where is the sun located throughout the day?
- How can the indoor and outdoor areas of your new housing be positioned to take advantage of the sunlight for good lighting?
- Do not leave work for the last minute. Going through a detailed design process requires time to gather information, develop ideas, and make improvements. The jury can always tell what projects are researched, developed and well executed…