sjmolina's work for the Collect Information step:
1. The purpose of having a school locker is to use it for your personal belongings and school books. Having a locker comes in handy for students because instead of carrying your jackets, your books, or gym bags, you can leave them in the locker.
2. When I was in preschool, we used small wooden lockers to put our jackets and crayons. As I went on to other grades, we didnâ€™t use lockers because we didnâ€™t have them at school. I knew what they were and how they looked, but I didnâ€™t experience the use of one until my freshmen year at Benito Juarez. I shared lockers with all guys that went to grammar school with me. My sophomore and junior year was when I started putting up pictures little by little to brighten it up because the colors were so boring. Iâ€™m planning to the same for my senior year, to decorate it with pictures of memories with my friends.
3. My locker is opened approximately five times a day. Iâ€™m there in the morning putting in my gym bag and my sweaters and jackets. In the afternoon when I take out or leave notebooks, binders and textbooks. At the end of the day I just go and leave things I donâ€™t need and grab what I do need.
4. Staff at Juarez asks for passes when we go to our lockers. They donâ€™t let us be at our lockers after the bell rings for class. Other than that, they donâ€™t have many concerns.
5. If I am correct, I think our lockers are made out of steel and metal.
sjmolina's work for the Develop Solutions step:
sjmolina's work for the Final Design step:
The locker I designed is different from the locker we use at school. It would be placed in the wall instead of outside the wall because it would take up too much space in the hallway. It has an edge design to it, and sections as to where things would go.
The top of the locker is where all books go, such as binders, notebooks and text books. Underneathe to the left is where jackets, sweaters and scarfs would go. It has a rod with hangers to hang up the clothing. Below the jackets, there is space availabe for instrument use. At my school, we have students who play the guitar, the trumpet, etc, so I took consideration to have space where they could put them so they wont take up much room in the locker. To the right is where bags go. My partner and I play sports throughout the school year and our gym bags take up a lot of room, so I designed an area where we could put our bags. It has a small rack to be able to hang the bags incase there's no room for both of ours. Below, I designed space for shoes. We always have shoes in our locker for volleyball, cheerleading, and sometimes soccer. I decided to make it in a form of cubes, that way I can have my own cube to place my shoes and my partner could have her's. The locker is pretty big; it's designed for two people.