All eligible projects (see Project Requirements) will be reviewed by a jury of design field professionals selected by the Chicago Architecture Foundation. Jurors have been selected based on their personal and professional success in design, involvement in local design issues, and commitment to supporting youth. Projects will be reviewed online, culminating in final recommendations for the winning projects. Ten finalists will be announced on December 13, 2017. The top three winners will be announced on December 15, 2017.
If none of the design entries meet the requirements, the panel reserves the right not to award a winner. All decisions made by the panel are final.
Judges will provide online feedback on all of the eligible student projects.
- Originality in the final design
- A completed DiscoverDesign.org National Competition design challenge showcasing creative use of the design process
- A completed submission on the Competition Portal
- High quality images, sketches, drawings and models
- Well-written, effective writing that address how your design positively impacts the community and rationale for material choices