- Competition Design Challenge
- Competition Portal
- DiscoverDesign Resources
- Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for a “Housing/Library Building Design Competition” from the Chicago Housing Authority and Chicago Public Library
- Google street view of empty lot on the northwest corner of West Taylor Street and South Ada Street, Chicago
- Google map of the Little Italy Neighborhood boundaries
- New Roosevelt Library Branch Planned At Roosevelt Square In Little Italy
- More about the Little Italy/University Village neighborhood
- "Mayor wants to build architectural library gems in CHA housing"
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Pre-made models (found in the 3D Warehouse programs) can ONLY be used for scale figures, plants, and interior design. You may not copy template houses or full rooms. This is considered plagiarism and is grounds for disqualification.
The children, relatives or household members of CAF employees are ineligible. Additionally, no child, sibling or immediate family member of a Jury member may participate. No member of the Jury shall assist a student or act in any other capacity whatsoever to advise or aid a competition entrant in the development of his or her submission. This competition is limited to students living in the United States. International applicants will not be eligible for winning prizes.
Applicants may be disqualified if they:
- Are under the age of 13 after September 15, 2016.
- Not enrolled in high school.
- Fail to upload content (text and media) in to DiscoverDesign.org AND the competition platform.
- Do not adhere to the design, writing and presentation requirements
- Plagiarize or violate copyright rules by submitting non-original material—either student or professional
- Submit content that is either not relevant to the design challenge or is deemed to be inappropriate or offensive.